In Islam, the ninth month is very significant in the hearts of Muslims around the world. In this month, Muslims fast from Sehr to iftar and avoid food, and drink, and try to avoid all sins. This is the month when Muslims do more good deeds, Why do good deeds more? because Allah gives more rewards in this blessed month than in other months.
Ramadan is the spring of good deeds In which it is easy to move towards good and difficult to move towards evil. The environment becomes very spiritual in which every heart becomes pure like water that has an impact on the entire society. The splendor of mosques increases and Muslims give charity more than other month.
Now let’s look inside this topic “Why is Ramadan important to the religion of Islam?”
What is Ramadan in Islam?
First of all, let’s understand what is the meaning of Ramadan and Why is Ramadan called Ramadan (رمضان)?
The meaning of this word is “heat burn” and the reason for this is that the Arabs have been calling this month Ramadan due to the heat of the sun burn stones etc.
It gets so hot that the feet of the baby camels start burning. So here’s the meaning of this month and also reasons. In simple words, ramadan mubarak was named Ramadan because it is a hot month that burns the feet and burn bad deeds.
10 importance of Ramadan in Islam
Now we tell you the main reasons and importance why Ramadan is so special. Muslims or non-muslims should know this importance because this is very important for all of us.
- Spiritual Cleansing: Ramadan burns sin very perfectly and this rebuilds iman and pure spirituality, allowing Muslims to cleanse their souls, seek forgiveness, and strengthen their connection with Allah.
- Fasting as a Form of Self-Discipline: The daily fast before fajr to sunset cultivates improved self-discipline, and it is the self-discipline that helps individuals develop control over their desires.
- The gates of heaven are opened in Ramadan: The third importance of Ramadan is: that Hazrat Abu Huraira (RA) says that the Messenger of Allah prophet Muhammad PBUH said that the gates of Paradise are opened in Ramadan, when the month of Ramadan comes. So the gates of heaven are opened And the gates of hell are closed and the devils are chained.
- The best night of all nights (Laylatul Qadr): The fourth importance of Ramadan in the religion of Islam is that there is one such night in Ramadan Which is better than a thousand months which is Called Laylatul Qadr (لیلۃ القدر). Hazrat Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) says: The Messenger of Allah prophet Muhammad PBUH (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “This month has come upon you in which there is one night in it that is better than a thousand months, whoever is deprived of it is deprived of all good, and he will be deprived of its goodness, who is truly deprived.
- Freedom from hell: Some people get freedom from Hell every day in Ramadan. Hazrat Jabir bin Abdullah says that the Messenger of Allah prophet Muhammad PBUH said: At the time of every Iftar, Allah Ta’ala frees many people from hell, and this happens every night, meaning the nights of Ramadan, in which Allah swt accepts the prayers of many people and frees them from Hell.
- Forgiveness of sins: Ramadan means forgiveness of sins Hazrat Abu Huraira (RA) says that the Messenger of Allah swt prophet Muhammad PBUH said: Those who pray 5 prayers and Fridays up to the second Friday of Ramadan, from one Ramadan to the next, are expiation for sins, But it is important that they avoid major sins.
- Umrah In Ramadan equal to Hajj: The reward of Umrah in Ramadan is equal to Hajj and this is the command of Prophet Muhammad SAW. It is said in a hadith of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that the Prophet of Allah swt (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Performing Umrah in Ramadan is equal to one Hajj or Hajj with me( means With Prophet Muhammad PBUH) Subhan Allah. So, Do performing Umrah in Ramadan Kareem because doing Umrah in it is equal to Hajj.
- The Quranic Month: Ramadan is the month of increase in connection with the holy Quran. We see when Ramadan starts, the mosque is filled with people. People give a lot of charity in the way of Allah. Ramadan is the month in which the Quran was revealed, that is, the Holy Quran is the book that has been revealed to mankind and is guidance for mankind, it is the book that reveals the truth، and also tells what is Right and wrong.
- Detoxification of Body and Soul: This is the such month in which the fasting is beneficial for the body and also for the soul. In eleven months we eat and in one month if we control our body, then our body is healthy. So, Ramadan promotes a sense of spiritual well-being and mindfulness.
- Culmination with Eid al-Fitr: One of the importance of Ramadan Mubarak is that at the end of it there is an Eid, which is called Eid al-Fitr. When the month of Ramadan ends, Allah Almighty gives us Eid within the happiness because Muslims performed many acts of worship, charity and Fasting. So the Eid is a day of happiness for Muslims.
Why is Ramadan celebrated?
The ninth month of islamic calendar “ramadan” is a happy ramadan. This special month is very important for many reasons in which the big reasons is:
Quran was Revealed, Muslims love this month too much because the holy book of Islam, was revealed during this month. Muslims spend time reading and listen quran in night prayer called Taraweeh.
In the end, we will say that Ramadan is a very important month for Muslims. so that they can repent of their sins, increase their good deeds through charity and get big reward in this world and the hereafter. Allah Almighty will give great good rewards to the fasting person on the Day of Resurrection, so understand the importance of Ramadan and follow the instructions of Allah and His Messenger (PBUH).
What is your thought after reading this, Feel free and tell in the comment section!